Set up the types of services that your business provides. This allows you to group your services into manageable categories. Reports such as the Sales report can be run per service type. For example you may have a Treatments and a Food & Beverage type.
Commission structures also rely on your Service Types to allow you to specify different commission percentages for a particular type of service.
Adding and Editing Service Types
- Browse to the Service Types screen under the Settings menu.
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Type in a Name and Description for your Service Type. For example if you are a health spa you may provide Treatments. The description is for your reference only and it is not necessary that you fill this out.
- Choose a default Tax that you would like this Service Type to be assigned to. If you are not Tax registered set the default Tax to None.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Deleting Service Types
- From the Service Types screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.