If your business has custom data that must be tracked for your Clients, you can set up a Custom Form to allow you to record this information. Each Custom Form you save will be stored with a specific date and Client for historical tracking purposes.
For instance, a weight-loss clinic may want to record information such as body fat percentage, height and weight at a specific point in time. To handle this they could set up a Custom Form called Measurements and add these custom fields to the form. Whenever a Client visits their business they could save a new Measurements form with this information for the Client.
- You can also share a custom form with a client to allow them to fill in the details from home before arriving at your business. See the Sharing section at the end of this article.
Adding and Editing Custom Forms
- Browse to the Custom Forms screen under the Settings menu.
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Type in a Name for your Custom Form.
- Click the New Field button to add a new custom form field.
- Set a user-friendly Caption for this field, such as Weight.
- Select the Type of data to be stored in this field. If you were recording Weight for instance, you would select the Number type.
- If you want to highlight this field in a specific colour, then select a Colour. This field is optional.
- Finally, if there is a default value for this field then enter it in the Field Values field.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Deleting Custom Forms
- From the Custom Forms screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.
Sharing a Custom Form
Once you've setup a Custom Form and saved it, you'll find a Share tab containing the link to use if you want to send this form to a client to complete before arriving at your business. The client will need to register on the Member's area, or login using their existing account in order to submit the form.
- You could also send this automatically in your confirmation template, or as part of a scheduled reminder email.