Resources represent any room, equipment or item that must be booked out when performing a specific service. This allows you to track the availability of the item when scheduling an Appointment. The Scheduler screen itself can also be viewed by either Employee or Resource.
When scheduling a service you can select one or more resources to book out for that Appointment service.
For example, if you are a health spa you may want to set up each of your individual treatment rooms as Resources. If you are a laser clinic, you may want to set up each of your specialised laser machines as Resources.
Adding and Editing Resources
- Browse to the Resources screen under the Settings menu.
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Type in a Name for your Resource.
- If a specific Employee is generally used with this resource then select them in the Default Employee field. When you select this resource on an appointment the default employee will automatically be assigned.
- Set the Maximum People that can be assigned to this Resource at any point in time. For example, if a treatment room can accommodate two people at once then you would set this value to 2.
- If the Resource can only accommodate the Maximum People if they are on the same Appointment then tick the Per Appointment check box. This will ensure you don't book strangers onto the same Resource by mistake.
- Finally, if you want this Resource to show on the Scheduler screen tick the Show On Calendar check box, and define its position using the Calendar Position field.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- From the Resources screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.