The General Settings section allows you to define general application defaults and other settings.
- Browse to the General Settings screen under the Settings menu.
- Alter the required settings and then click the Save button to save your changes.
- Set the default Country that will be used for new Clients.
- The Default Receipt Type field sets the default Payment Type for new Receipts.
- When vouchers are redeemed at your business you can set how left-over credit is treated in the Voucher Redemption field.
- Set a Default Client which will be used for all new Invoices. It's useful to have a Walk In client set here to handle any quick sales.
- The Hotel Client field sets the default Client to be used for any Invoice where a Room number is entered.
- The Client Name Format defines how Client names should be shown in lists and reports.
- Tick the Invert Account Balance check box if you want to see a credit Client account balance as a positive number.
- The Notification Expiry sets the number of months before an acknowledged system notification is automatically deleted.
- A record of Sent Messages is maintained in your database. Use the Sent Message Expiry to define when these messages can be automatically deleted.
- Set the default number of months that your Vouchers expire after using the Voucher Expiry field.
- Set the default number of months that your Coupons expire after using the Coupon Expiry field.
Printing & Reports
- Set the Default Report Settings to use when running reports.
- If you have a 80 mm receipt printer attached to your computer tick the the Use Receipt Printer check box to use this report format for invoices and receipts.
- If you want to automatically print invoices when you save them tick the Auto Print Invoices check box.
- If you want the invoice to only print after you've captured the receipt then tick the Auto Print After Receipt check box.
- If you want to automatically print receipts when you save them tick the Auto Print Receipts check box.
- Enter the number of Loyalty Points that should be earned for every unit of Sell Price. For example, if a Client should earn 10% back for every $1 spent, then you would enter 0.1 under the Point Calculation field. This will be used to automatically set the default Loyalty Points when entering Sell Prices.
Client Members Area
- Tick the Allow Online Service Bookings check box to allow Clients to book Services through the members area.
- If you want to allow the Client to select a specific Employee when making a real-time appointment booking then tick the Allow Employee Selection for Online Bookings check box.
- Tick the Allow Online Product Orders check box to allow Clients to order Products through the members area.
Social Media Accounts
- Set your Facebook and Twitter account names. These are used to insert follow links automatically into any Message Templates.
Global settings are settings that apply across all Sites.
- Set the default Business Name that will be used on emails to your Users and Clients.
- Tick the Members Area Active check box to allow Clients to log in to the member area.
- If you want to allow clients to register member accounts themselves then tick the Allow New Registrations check box. If you do not have this ticked then you can set the member area login details manually on each Client in your database.
- You can tick the Use Full Registration Form check box to make the registration process collect more detailed information about the Client, such as preferences and Alerts.
- Select a Login Screen Logo. This will be used on all login screens and in the members area to brand your ChiDesk account.