The General Settings section allows you to define general application defaults and other settings.
- Browse to the General Settings screen under the Settings menu.
- Alter the required settings and then click the Save button to save your changes.
- Set the default Country that will be used for new Clients.
- The Default Receipt Type field sets the default Payment Type for new Receipts.
- When vouchers are redeemed at your business you can set how left-over credit is treated in the Voucher Redemption field.
- Set a Default Client which will be used for all new Invoices. It's useful to have a Walk In client set here to handle any quick sales.
- The Hotel Client field sets the default Client to be used for any Invoice where a Room number is entered.
- The Client Name Format defines how Client names should be shown in lists and reports.
- Tick the Invert Account Balance check box if you want to see a credit Client account balance as a positive number.
- Enter a From Name and From Email address.
- Enter you Smtp Server, port number and whether or not to use SSL.
- Enter your username and password.
- Leave the Max Per Minute setting to 5 to avoid being flagged as a spam sender.
- Click Test to ensure your settings have been captured correctly.
- Set the default number of months that your Vouchers expire after using the Voucher Expiry field.
- Set the default number of months that your Coupons expire after using the Coupon Expiry field.
Printing & Reports
- Set the Default Report Settings to use when running reports.
- If you have a 80 mm receipt printer attached to your computer tick the the Use Receipt Printer check box to use this report format for invoices and receipts.
- If you want to automatically print invoices when you save them tick the Auto Print Invoices check box.
- If you want the invoice to only print after you've captured the receipt then tick the Auto Print After Receipt check box.
- If you want to automatically print receipts when you save them tick the Auto Print Receipts check box.
- Enter the number of Loyalty Points that should be earned for every unit of Sell Price. For example, if a Client should earn 10% back for every $1 spent, then you would enter 0.1 under the Point Calculation field. This will be used to automatically set the default Loyalty Points when entering Sell Prices.
Social Media Accounts
- Set your Facebook and Twitter account names. These are used to insert follow links automatically into any Message Templates.
Global settings are settings that apply across all Sites.
- Set the default Business Name that will be used on emails to your Users and Clients.
- Select a Login Screen Logo. This will be used on all login screens and in the members area to brand your ChiDesk account.