Contact Lists allow you to set up lists of clients or individual contacts to send SMS or email marketing messages to.
- Browse to the Contact Lists screen under the Messaging menu.
Adding and Editing Contact Lists
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Enter a Name and Description for this Contact List.
- Set the Type of Contact List. If you want to send this list via SMS or Email then select the appropriate type. Alternatively set this to Email & SMS if you are going to use both marketing methods on this list.
- You can add Clients to your list, or add contacts manually. To add Clients click the Add Clients button. You will be redirected to the Add Clients screen.
- In the left column you can specify a variety of filters to apply to your Client database. Apply a selection of filters and then click the Find button to display Clients that match the selected filter criteria.
- Once you are happy with your filter, click the Add button to add all Clients that match your filter selection to your Contact List.
- To add a contact manually, click the New Contact button. Fill in the Required fields and then click the OK button.
- You can also import client from Excel using the Import button.
- You will notice that each Contact has a State assigned to them in the list of Contacts. If the Contact is active, then messages will be sent to the Contact. If a contact has unsubscribed from your list, the State will be set to Inactive. You can also manually adjust the State of a Contact by clicking the Edit link in the list of Contacts.
- Finally, if any client profile details have changed in your database, you can use the Refresh button on the action menu to automatically update a Contact with the latest Client information.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Deleting Contact Lists
- From the Contact Lists screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.