You can use the Receipts screen to view Receipts from your Clients for a selected date range.
- Browse to the Receipts screen under the Clients menu.
Adding and Editing Receipts
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit. If you are creating a Receipt against a specific Client Invoice, open that Invoice from the Sales screen and click the New Receipt button.
- Set the Entry Date for this Receipt.
- Set the Client this Receipt is from.
- The Account Balance field is read-only indication of the account balance for the selected Client.
- Select the Payment Type of this Receipt. If they are paying with a Voucher you must select the Voucher Payment Type, and then type in the Voucher field to find the Voucher being used. If the Client is utilizing their Loyalty Points balance, select Loyalty Points and enter the amount of points to use in the Received field.
- Set the Cash Drawer you will be storing this Receipt in.
- Enter a Reference and Description if required.
- Under the Amounts section enter the Amount Due for this Receipt. If linked to a Client Document this field will be filled in automatically.
- Enter the total amount Received. This amount should include any gratuities received for your Employees. The Change field will be automatically calculated for you.
- If the Client is giving a gratuity, then enter the Amount under the Gratuity section, and select which Employees the Gratuity is for.
- The Tax section calculate how much Tax is due on this Receipt.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
- If the Client is doing a split payment you can click the Save & New button to create another Receipt for the additional Payment Type. For example, if the Client pays half Cash and half Credit Card, you would enter only the Cash amount received for the first Receipt, and then click the Save & New button to record the other half as a Credit Card receipt. If you use the Save & New button the system will automatically fill in the outstanding amounts for you.
Adding Receipt Batches
If you need to record a set of Receipts from your Clients in a single operation you can use the Receipt Batch function.
- From the Receipts screen click the New Batch button.
- Select a Membership to add and click Add Membership. If you want to add an individual client type their name to find them and then click the Add Client button.
- Enter the Date, Reference, Payment Type and Amount in the list of Clients.
- Once you've captured all the required Receipts click the Save button to create the batch.
- From the Receipts screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.