If you pay your Employees commission based on the amount of business they perform you can set up a commission structure to help you track and calculate this.
In addition, if you rent out space to outside professionals who pay you a percentage commission based on the business they perform, you can also set this structure up as a reverse commission structure.
When you run the Employee Commission report it will use the Commission structure assigned to an Employee to automatically calculate the commission due.
Adding and Editing Commissions
- Browse to the Commissions screen under the Settings menu.
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Type in a Name for your Commission structure.
- Select the Commission Type for this structure. If this is commission that you pay to your employees then set this to Paid. If this is commission received by outside professionals then set this to Received.
- Click New Condition to set up a new condition for this commission structure.
- Set a Product Type or Service Type that must be sold in order for the commission percentage to apply.
- Set a Start Range and End Range that the total amount of sales must lie in in order for the commission percentage to apply.
- Finally, set the Commission Percentage earned if all the conditions are satisfied.
- Click the OK button to add this condition. You can set up as many conditions as necessary for a Commission structure.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- From the Commissions screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.