The Sales screen allows you to record any Client Invoices, Quotations or Credit Notes for your Clients.
When you save a Client Invoice the account balance of the Client will automatically be adjusted. Your stock levels for any retail or professional stock associated with the items on your Client Invoice will also be automatically updated.
If you need to cancel a Client Invoice you can either delete it, or record a Credit Note against that Client Invoice.
- Browse to the Sales screen under the Clients menu.
Adding and Editing Client Documents
- Click New Invoice, New Quotation or New Credit button on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Set the Client for this document.
- The Account Balance field is a read-only indication of the Clients current account balance.
- Set the Document Date for this document.
- Enter a Reference and Description if required.
- Under the Items section select the type of item you want to add, and then type in the Find function to find a specific item.
- Set the Quantity of the item you want to add.
- Click the Add button to add the item to your document. Repeat this process for all items you require on the document.
- You can edit an item by clicking the Edit button in the list. The Commission field indicates how much Commission the Employees assigned to this item will earn. You can also set a Source for this line item.
- Use the Add Custom button to add an item that does not exist in your database.
- The Quick Add function provides a touch-friendly way to quickly add items to your document.
- Click the Apply Coupon button to apply a Coupon. Find the Coupon you want to apply and click the Apply button to apply the Coupon discount to any qualifying items.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- If you are working with a Client Invoice or Credit Note you can use the New Receipt button to capture a Receipt linked to the document. Alternatively, you could use the New Credit button to cancel the invoice.
- If you are working with a Quotation you can use the New Invoice button to create a new Client Invoice based on the Quotation.
Adding Invoice Batches
If you need to send out an Invoice for a specific Service to multiple Clients in a single operation you can use the Invoice Batch function.
- From the Sales screen click the New Batch button.
- Set the Document Date for these Invoices.
- Set a Reference and Description if required.
- Select the type of item you are invoicing out, and then type to find the item.
- If an Invoice should only be created if the Client has not already been invoiced for the same item this month, then check the Only Invoice Once Per Month check box.
- Under the Clients section select a Membership to add and click the Add Membership button.
- You can add individual Clients by typing to find them and then clicking the Add Client button.
- Once you have added all the required Clients to this batch click the Save button to create the batch of invoices.
Deleting Client Documents
- From the Sales screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the action bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.