Receipts and split payments can all be recorded directly from the Invoice screen.
- Browse to the Sales screen under the Clients menu and click New Invoice.
Recording Single Receipts
- Once you have finished adding items to an invoice, you can select the Receipts tab to record how the client paid.
- The Total Due box will display the total due for the current invoice.
- The Received control indicates how much of a particular payment type you have received. It will automatically be set to the Total Due for the invoice.
- If you are receiving a single type of payment you can simply click the corresponding payment type button to record the Receipt.
- Saving the invoice at this stage will save the Client Invoice and a single Receipt linked to that invoice.
- The Received amount should be the total amount received including gratuities. If you receive a gratuity you can stipulate how much of the amount received was a gratuity and select which employees the gratuity belongs to.
- If any change is due after recording your receipts this will be displayed in the Change box alongside the Total Due box.
Recording Split Payments
- Change the Received control to indicate how much of the first payment type you are receiving.
- Click the corresponding payment type button to record that receipt. The Received control will automatically update with the remaining amount due for the current invoice.
- Click the next payment type button to record the second payment type.
- Saving the invoice at this point will generate two receipts linked to this invoice in the Receipts section.
- You can record as many different type of payments as required using the above method.