ChiDesk provides a REST based API to allow other third-party applications to pull or push data into your ChiDesk account.
To control this access you must create and supply a generated API Key to your developer which they will be able to use to access your data.
Setup an API Key
- Browse to Settings - API Keys.
- Click New.
- Enter a Description for this API Key.
- A pre-generated key has been generated, this is what you must provide to your developer.
- If necessary you can specify what IP address range has access to use this key. This is an additional security measure to ensure access can only take place from a specific server.
- Click Save to save your new API Key.
Access the ChiDesk API
To access the ChiDesk API, your developer will post requests to specific URLs on your ChiDesk account. To authenticate themselves they must include a header key named ChiDeskApiKey containing the key generated above.