The ChiDesk Loyalty system allows your customers to earn money to spend at your business with every purchase they make. This is not a point system, in that the amount earned represents a currency value that can be redeemed on any future sales.
The aim of a loyalty program is to increase customer retention, and ensure client's have a preference for doing business with you, over your competitors.
Setting up a Loyalty System
- Enable Loyalty by adjusting the Loyalty Point Calculation under your default account settings. Enter the amount earned per dollar spent at your business. So to give back 1% in Loyalty on each sale, set this amount to 0,01.
- Next you can get ChiDesk to recalculate the loyalty points for all your services and products by opening up your Main Price List and doing a Bulk Update. Simply update by a 0 amount, and the new loyalty point calculation will be used to set the Loyalty earned per item.
- You can set the Loyalty to 0 on specific products or services as needed.
- Each time you save a new invoice in ChiDesk, the client's Loyalty balance will be updated, regardless of whether the sale is on account or not.
- It's important to note that even invoices that are paid for using Loyalty as the receipt method will earn the client Loyalty.
Once the above steps have been followed, clients will immediately start earning Loyalty on each sale at your business.
A client who has earned loyalty can use it as a payment method to settle any invoices in their name.
- Under Settings - Payment Types, click New to create a new Loyalty payment method.
- Set the name to Loyalty, and the Type to Loyalty Points.
- Save this new Payment Type.
- When receipting a client from the Invoice or Receipt screens you'll now be able to select the Loyalty payment type.
- Selecting this option will deduct the specified amount from the clients loyalty balance.
To track how and when Loyalty is earned and spent for a client you can run the Client Statement report.