Contact Groups allow you to set up lists of clients or individual contacts to send SMS or email marketing messages to.
- Browse to the Contact Groups screen under the Marketing menu.
Adding and Editing Contact Groups
- Click New on the action bar, or select an item to edit.
- Enter a Name and Description for this Contact List.
- Set the Type of Contact List. If you want to send this list via SMS or Email then select the appropriate type. Alternatively set this to Email & SMS if you are going to use both marketing methods on this list.
- You can add Clients to your list, or add contacts manually. To add Clients click the Add Clients button.
- In the left column you can specify a variety of filters to apply to your Client database. Apply a selection of filters and then click the Find Clients button to display Clients that match the selected filter criteria.
- Once you are happy with your filter, select all the Clients using the Select All button and click the Add Selected Clients button to add all Clients that match your filter selection to your Contact Group.
- To add a contact manually, click the Add Contact button. Fill in the Required fields and then click the OK button.
- You will notice that each Contact has a State assigned to them in the list of Contacts. If the Contact is Unsent, then messages will be sent to the Contact. You can set a contact to Blocked if they no longer wish to receive messages from you.
- Finally, if any client profile details have changed in your database, you can use the Refresh button on the action menu to automatically update a Contact with the latest Client information.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Deleting Contact Lists
- From the Contact Lists screen open the required item that you would like to delete.
- Click the Delete button on the tool bar.
- If the item is not being used you will be prompted to confirm the delete by clicking the Delete button.