Our MailChimp integration allows you to quickly and easily export the contacts from a Contact List created in ChiDesk, to a list you've setup in MailChimp.
Before you can enable the integration you'll need to generate an API key from your MailChimp account.
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- Navigate to your Account settings and then select Extras - API keys.
- Click Create a Key and a new key will be added to the list of available keys.
- Copy the long API key string under the API key column in the grid.
- Login to ChiDesk and navigate to Settings - Add Ons - MailChimp.
- Paste the copied API key into the text field here and click Save.
Exporting to MailChimp
Once you've set things up, navigate to the Messaging - Contact Lists. You will see a new button on the toolbar MailChimp Export. Click this button to open the export screen.
- Before you export, it's a good idea to setup a new dedicated list in MailChimp for the data you are exporting. This way you can export to this list in MailChimp and check the data, before merging it into your main list.
- Select the Contact List you want to export to MailChimp.
- Select the list in MailChimp that you want to add the contacts to.
- Click Save to being the export.
Once the export is complete, open up MailChimp and verify that the contacts were successfully added.
- MailChimp automatically manages and maintains unsubscribed email addresses. So if you try to import a contact who has previously unsubscribed from your list, they will remain unsubscribed.