Our MailChimp integration allows you to quickly and easily export the contacts from a Contact List created in ChiDesk, to a list you've setup in MailChimp.
Before you can enable the integration you'll need to generate an API key from your MailChimp account.
- Login to your MailChimp account.
- Navigate to your Account settings and then select Extras - API keys.
- Click Create a Key and a new key will be added to the list of available keys.
- Copy the long API key string under the API key column in the grid.
- Login to ChiDesk and navigate to Settings - Add Ons - MailChimp.
- Paste the copied API key into the text field here and click Save.
Exporting to MailChimp
Once you've set things up, navigate to the Messaging - Contact Lists. You will see a new button on the toolbar MailChimp Export. Click this button to open the export screen.
- Select the Contact List you want to export to MailChimp.
- Select the list in MailChimp that you want to add the contacts to.
- Click Save to being the export.
Once the export is complete, open up MailChimp and verify that the contacts were successfully added.
- MailChimp automatically manages and maintains unsubscribed email addresses. So if you try to import a contact who has previously unsubscribed from your list, they will remain unsubscribed.