With our Protel PMS integration, you can easily post room charges into Protel.
- As with any integration, it's important to monitor the data being pushed into Protel to ensure the correct information is being posted.
Once an invoice is saved in ChiDesk, instead of recording a receipt, users can choose to Post the charge against a customer account in Protel. The customer can be identified via their room number or name.
- Create a new Invoice.
- Add a Room charge receipt for the full amount to balance off the client account. This receipt is not posted to the PMS and is purely to balance the account in ChiDesk.
- Click Save.
- Browse to the Details tab and enter either a room number or name in the Room field.
- Click Post.
- A new window will appear displaying any customer accounts found in Protel.
- Click the required name to post the room charges to this account.
- If you need to adjust an invoice that has already been posted to Protel, simply click the Unpost button. This will reverse the posted charges by posting a negative value for each charge against the customer account in Protel.
- Gratuities must be added to the Invoice itself in order to properly reflect on room charges. Click Add Custom, choose the Gratuity type and add the amount to the invoice items itself.
- You cannot post a portion of an Invoice into Protel. The entire invoice total will be posted as a room charge.
Full Revenue (beta)
You can optionally choose to post all non-room revenue into Protel.
- Once a Cash Balance has been completed, click the Post button to post to Protel.
- Each invoice that falls into the Cash Balance date range will be posted into Protel along with it's linked receipt.
- Posting an invoice into Protel requires the invoice to be fully paid for. You cannot post through an invoice that has been partly receipted, or not receipted at all. These would need to be processed manually.
- When a Voucher or Course is sold the invoice will be posted as revenue into Protel with the Cash Balance. Similarly, when it is redeemed the full invoice is posted to Protel. To ensure that revenue is not reflected twice, these redemptions must be manually processed in Protel. You can use the Voucher Usage and Course Usage reports to provide this data to accounts.
In order to communicate with Protel you will need to request this to be setup with your Protel account manager.
Remote Connection Setup
Protel is generally installed on-premise and consequently in order to communicate with Protel, ChiDesk requires a remote connection to be setup at the Protel site. This is normally handled by the internal IT support at the hotel. Please instruct them to setup a static public IP address that we can point to, along with port-forwarding to the Protel server instance. Once this is setup and they have provided the IP address and port to use, we can proceed with integrating ChiDesk with Protel.
ChiDesk allows you to categorize posted sales into the following types of sale:
- Services - Product Group 10
- Products/Retail - Product Group 11
- Memberships - Product Group 12
- Courses - Product Group 13
- Vouchers - Product Group 14
- You can setup a product group code in Protel to match each of the above. In general, Courses and Vouchers should not be treated as revenue at the time of sale.
- Set the Tax Code according to what is setup in Protel, normally this will be the number 1.
If posting full revenue you can also setup the receipt types supported in ChiDesk. These include:
Credit Card: 2
Once you have completed all the required Protel setup steps you can open ChiDesk and navigate to Settings - Hotel Integration.
- Set the Type to Protel.
- In the Address field enter your full static ip address along with the port number as provided by the IT support of the hotel. It should be in a similar format to 255.255.255.255:8200.
- Leave the Post Receipts and Post All Sales options unticked or tick them if you are posting full revenue.
- Under the Codes sections enter the product group codes from Protel for the Products, Services, Memberships, Courses, Vouchers and Tax Code fields.
Once all the above is done you can see if the connection is working by saving your changes and then following the steps listed under the Room Charges section to create a new Invoice and attempt to post it.