Our PayFast integration allows you to direct your clients to pay for an invoice or online booking immediately via your payment page.
- Log in to your PayFast account.
- Make sure your account is Verified.
- Navigate to Settings - Integration.
- Retrieve your Merchant Id and Merchant Key.
- Set a Security Passphrase.
- Navigate to Settings - Add Ons - PayFast inside ChiDesk and enter these settings into the fields provided.
- Save these settings.
- Browse to Settings - Online Bookings and set the Payment Processor to PayFast.
- Make sure you setup an passphrase for integration, this is different from your PayFast account login.
Setup a Payment Type
You now need to link a Payment Type to this payment processor so that any new receipts are set to this Payment Type.
- Browse to Settings - Payment Types.
- Edit an existing item, or create a new one for this type of payment.
- Enter a name, and select PayFast as the payment processor.
- Save your changes.
You are now ready to start accepting payments via PayFast. If you email an invoice to a client it will contain a link to make payment, and if a client checks out from your Members Area it will also take them to a page where they can begin processing their online payment.
- NB. You must check your PayFast statement on a regular basis to pick up any transaction reversals that a client could submit directly with their bank.