With our RoomRaccoon PMS integration, you can easily post room charges into RoomRaccoon.
- Our RoomRaccoon integration is currently in Beta so it's important to ensure that you check the posts coming from ChiDesk on a daily basis to ensure they are as expected. This should include checking the amounts, revenue groups and tax amounts.
Once an invoice is saved in ChiDesk, instead of recording a receipt, users can choose to Post the charge against a reservation in RoomRaccoon. The customer can be identified via their room number.
- Create a new Invoice.
- Click Save.
- Browse to the Details tab and enter either a room number Room field.
- Click Post.
- A new window will appear displaying any guests found in RoomRaccoon.
- Click the required name to post the room charges to this account.
- If you need to adjust an invoice that has already been posted to RoomRaccoon, simply click the Unpost button. This will reverse the posted charges by posting a negative value for each charge against the guest account in RoomRaccoon.
In order to communicate with RoomRaccoon you will need to request your API key and Hotel Id from RoomRaccoon. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to get these details.
Open ChiDesk and navigate to Settings - Hotel Integration.
- Set the Type to RoomRaccoon.
- In the Address field enter 'https://api.roomraccoon.com/api/?type=POS&version=2'
- Enter your API key in the Authentication field.
- Enter your Hotel Id in the Outlet field.
- Under the Codes sections enter the Revenue Group code from RoomRaccoon for the Products, Services, Memberships, Courses and Vouchers fields.
Once all the above is done you can see if the connection is working by saving your changes and then following the steps listed under the Room Charges section to create a new Invoice and attempt to post it.
Checking Posts in RoomRaccoon
Invoices posted to a guest account can be viewed by opening the reservation in RoomRaccoon.